I promised myself I wouldn’t write every night this week so I could get some knitting done (see the photo at the bottom of this pos) and even though I haven’t been writing for the blog I have been writing other things this week. So tonight I thought I’d write about a bunch of random things running through my head lately. Here are a few of them.
* Tonight at dinner – I blew bubbles in my drink. I have no idea why – the idea popped in my head and I did it. I felt like a 6-year-old and that made me laugh and then I realized how strange it felt. Perhaps it only works well with chocolate milk. Hmmmmm……
* It’s come to my attention that I’m a sock snob. It’s true. I admit it. I do not like store-bought socks – you know those tube like ones with way too much elastic on the leg part? I hate them. I prefer cotton or a cotton/wool blend sock. And knit not woven. It can be a machine knit sock – those are fine. Two years ago I bought 6 pair of socks at Reny’s, really great machine knit cotton ones, and I’ve been looking for more ever since. I’m now down to 1 pair that do not have holes in the bottom and am feeling desperate. It’s a little sad. I know.
* I love scrambled eggs. I love goat cheese. I discovered tonight I do NOT like them together. Typically when you mix two things you like together it’s good. Right? It seems not.
* I’ve recently changed my title from step-mom to bonus-mom and my half kids(?) from step son/daughter to my bonus son/daughter. I can’t remember who on twitter suggested that idea to me but I love it and it’s gonna stick. I’ve always disliked the “step” and bonus so totally works!! (Thanks DH for suggesting this one as a random thought! 🙂
* Cooking a turkey. I’ve never done it. Seriously. I’m 33 and I’ve never cooked/baked/roasted a turkey. Actually I’ve never cooked a whole chicken either. When I say I’ve had roasted chicken for dinner it’s been one of those rotisserie chickens/turkeys from the deli section at the grocery store. This makes my friend Annie laugh or go into shock I’m not really sure what the face she made represented feeling wise. 🙂 Honestly the thought of cooking a whole bird scares me.Yes, I know it’s silly but the little voice deep down says to me “Are you crazy?!” But I’ve decided that this year I’m going to do it. So my question to you is – would you like to read/hear about my experience of cooking a whole bird for the first time? Let me know.
* And my last random, sort of, thought is it’s time to stop writing and get knitting. I am making DbD (dear bonus daughter) a pair of socks for Christmas. She said to me back in August “you know if you knit me a pair of socks I’d probably wear them.” I took this as the 16-year-old version of please make me a pair. So I am. I’m only on the first sock so I’ve got to get cracking. Here is a photo of my WIP (work in progress. Let’s see how far I can get before next Wednesday when I’ll post another photo and update on the project. 🙂