So I read this funny/interesting/strange article this morning from a British publication about new Internet addictions. Here is the basic gist of it.
– EGO-SURFING: When you frequently check your name and reputation on the Internet.
– BLOG STREAKING: “Revealing secrets or personal information online which for every body’s sake would be best kept private.”
– CRACKBERRY: “The curse of the modern executive: not being able to stop checking your BlackBerry, even at your grandmother’s funeral.” (A BlackBerry is a popular handheld device that can be used for phoning, emailing and web-browsing).
– GOOGLE-STALKING: Defined as “snooping online on old friends, colleagues or first dates.”
– CYBERCHONDRIA: “A headache and a particular rash at the same time? Extensive online research tells you it must be cancer.”
– PHOTOLURKING: Flicking through a photo album of someone you’ve never met.
– WIKIPEDIHOLISM: Excess devotion to contributing to the online collaborative encyclopedia, Wikipedia. (Wikipedia even has a page where you can test whether you’re an addict: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Are-You-a-Wikipediholic-Test)).
– CHEESEPODDING: Downloading of a song “so cheesy that you could cover it in plastic wrap and sell it at the deli counter.” Cheesepodders are especially vulnerable to soft-rock favourites from the 1970s.
Strange huh….do you fit into any of these categories? I think I can say….I’m not as far gone as I thought I might be! Whooo Hoooooo Happy Christmas to me!
On a complete side note……Colorado is getting snow…..I want some too!!!!